An Unofficial Transcript Can Get You Into College

unofficial transcript

Do you plan on applying to college soon but have not yet received your final transcript? Nothing to worry about! An unofficial transcript can still be used when applying to schools.

A high school unofficial transcript is a copy of your official transcript stamped or signed by your guidance counselor or principal. If you are applying to colleges or universities, this document can be helpful. It demonstrates that you have completed the required courses in high school.

In this article, we explain what you need to know about getting your unofficial transcript.

The Unofficial Transcript Request Process

Most high school students who are planning on applying to college have already requested their final transcript. This can be impossible though for students who don’t have an official transcript available to them yet because of the policies of their high school. If this is the case for you, please follow these easy steps to obtain an unofficial transcript that will suffice for most universities until your official copy is available:

Get in touch with your school’s registrar

On your high school’s website, you can usually find contact information for your school registrar. To get the most recent transcript, you can contact them by phone or email.

Make sure you fill out all required forms

Your high school graduation date, personal information, and the address where you would like your transcript sent will likely be required by the registrar. Make sure the form is filled out completely and accurately. It is likely that you will need to provide an email address or open a student portal account in order to access all transcript data.

Ensure that the fee is paid (if necessary)

Depending on the high school, transcripts may cost a small fee. Be sure to ask about this before requesting one. Usually, you can pay by check or credit card if there is a fee.

You can start applying to colleges once you have your unofficial transcript! There might be a requirement for an official transcript for some schools, so be sure to check with them.

Your Unofficial Transcript: How To Use It

Let’s put your transcript to good use! Unofficial transcripts can be used in the following ways:

Make sure you submit your unofficial transcript with your college applications

The admissions process at some colleges and universities requires an official transcript. Please remember that most colleges and universities won’t accept unofficial transcripts, so please request your final transcript so that you can complete the admissions process.

Send it to potential colleges

It is always a good idea to send a transcript even if you are not sure if a school requires one. Your chances of admission may even improve if you try.

Include your unofficial transcript in your resume

Be sure to attach your unofficial transcript when applying for jobs or internships. Potential employers will be able to see that you have a high school diploma and have the qualifications they need.

In Conclusion

When applying to colleges and universities, transcripts can be very helpful, even though official transcripts are preferred.

In order to guarantee your transcript will be processed in a timely manner, you should request it as soon as possible. You can increase your acceptance chances by submitting unofficial transcripts early! Put your unofficial transcript to good use by following the steps above!

Don’t have time to submit your transcript? Nothing to worry about! Ensure your future is secure with ValidGrad‘s quick, easy, and affordable transcript and diploma services.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *